Seeking Mechanical & Metallurgical Laboratory Manager
Dunlop NDT has an immediate opportunity for an experienced Laboratory Manager for our newly outfitted state-of-the-art, fully equipped Mechanical & Metallurgical Laboratory. The laboratory is A2LA accredited and DBE/WBE (Woman-Owned) Certified. This is a ground-floor career opportunity with incredible growth potential and supported with the safety net of an established firm. Initial key responsibilities include finalizing operational setup, perform laboratory testing and where necessary perform machining during launch. Once successfully established, and if desired will oversee all aspects to include technical and support staff for the Mechanical & Metallurgical Laboratories.
Initial Operational Functions:
Review, revise and where necessary create and implement new report templates, processes and procedures. Communicate hiring needs and strategic development & marketing specific to the Mechanical & Metallurgical Laboratory. The company will ensure resources necessary for success to include, but not limited to administrative & technical support in accordance with growth.
A primary and essential function of this position includes safe operation and oversite and maintenance of laboratory and machining equipment. Candidate should be detailed oriented with the knowledge combined with the ability to perform, report and provide technical leadership for services offered within this division a must.
Machining experience (mill, lathes and associated tooling), and ability perform and oversee testing that include: Bends, Tensiles (flat and round), Charpy Impact, Macro, Microetch and similar. An in-depth knowledge of welding code is essential with OES experience and understanding a plus.
Summary of Essential Functions:
- Perform laboratory testing and associated machining of test specimens as needed.
- Provide technical leadership and oversee all aspects of testing execution with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft products, with advanced Word & Excel skills desired.
- Mechanical, Welding or Materials Engineering degree or extensive related hands-on testing experience.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable industry standards (AWS, ASME and ASTM), quality standards (ISO 17025), and familiarity with quality audits.
- Minimum 5 years’ laboratory testing and management
- Technical review and writing skills
- CWI or PE strongly desired
For additional details or to submit your resume with salary requirements email: HR@dunlopndt.com
Relocation is available for the right candidate.